What is Plantum?
Plantum is every gardener’s best friend that knows how to get down to the nitty-gritty of plant care. Here’s what Plantum can be for you:
- Plant identifier Try taking a picture of a tree in the park and recognize it with our app. You won’t be able to stop. With our extensive database, you can identify any plant you come across and impress your friends on your next walk in the park.
- Plant doctor No matter how hard you try, your plants may get sick. Don’t ignore early symptoms and try to recognize the disease your plant is suffering from. It will give you an idea about how severe the problem is and accelerate your plant’s recovery.
- Plant care guide You get a gorgeous-looking flowering plant for your birthday. But in a few weeks, it starts giving you signals that it doesn’t feel comfortable. How often has this happened to you? For your plant not to die, you have to know how much water, light, and fertilizer it needs to stay healthy. Plantum stores all the information in one place
- Plant journal Keeping all care recommendations in your head at once is quite a challenging task. Set watering, misting, feeding, and rotating reminders right in the app and see your plants thrive.
- Plant encyclopedia Do you know what plant grows the fastest? Or what flower was at some point in history more valuable than gold? Knowledge is power. With Plantum’s comprehensive plant descriptions and entertaining insights, you will wield this power.
- Light meter With Plantum, you can measure if your plant is receiving the right amount of sunlight. All you need to do is turn on your camera!
- Pot meter Plantum will help you measure the height and width of your pot to see if it’s a perfect fit for your beautiful plant.
- Plant search filter Try our handy filters to find the plants that suit you best. Choose new plants based on their height, looks, maintenance, pet-friendliness, and so much more!
- Weather tracker Adjust your care routine for outdoor plants based on the local weather. Promptly learn about the changes in the UV Index, precipitation, atmospheric pressure, and so on to stay on top of your plant-caring game.
Are you NatureID? Or Plantum?
Our app used to be called NatureID, but after recent rebranding, its name has been changed to Plantum. So, if you find any mentions of NatureID on the internet, know that it's your favorite plant identification app, just under a different name!
How Plantum works
How do I identify plants?
- Open the app and take a picture of the plant.
- Place it in the center of the frame.
- If the plant is too big, take a picture of its leaves or flowers.
- Make sure the plant is well-lit, and the image isn’t blurry.
- Make sure the photo features only one plant.
How can I check my plant’s health?
Use the Diagnose feature in the app.
- Take a picture of the sick part.
- Make sure the plant is well-lit, and the image isn’t blurry.
- To get a more precise diagnosis, use the Ask an expert feature and contact our botanists to receive a personal consultation.
What is Ask an Expert? How does it work?
Ask an Expert is a feature that allows you to get a consultation from a professional botanist. All you need to do is answer a few questions, describe the problem, and attach photos of the sick plant. One of our experts will study your request and respond with recommendations within 3 days. To contact a specialist, open the Diagnose tab and tap the Get Consultation button.
How do I use Light Meter?
- Turn off all artificial light sources, as Light Meter is only able to measure natural light.
- Position your phone at the spot where you want to place the plant.
- Check if the measurement meets the light requirements for your plant.
How do I set reminders?
In Plantum, you can set reminders for watering, fertilizing, misting, and rotating. To do so, you need to identify a plant or find it in the app and add it to My Plants, where you’ll be able to set reminders. Tap the reminder to choose the time and frequency of notifications. Then tap Turn On Reminder. If you want to switch off a reminder, just tap Turn Off Reminder.
How do I use Pot Meter?
- While determining the size of a pot via Pot Meter, you'll need to complete 2 steps: measure the height and then the width of the pot.
- To get the most accurate measurements, place your phone in front of the pot at a distance of no more than 3.2 ft (1 m). Be sure the device is parallel to it.
- If the ends of the ruler on the screen don’t meet the edges of the pot, try again.
What is Weather Tracker? How does it work?
Weather Tracker is a handy feature that helps you adjust your care routine for outdoor plants based on the local weather. It’ll warn you about the changes in the precipitation, temperature, and wind with timely notifications. To turn them on, go to the Home tab and tap the weather widget. Then switch on weather alerts in the Weather Tracker settings.
Can I change the name of the plant?
Yes. To do this, go to My Plants and select the plant you want to rename. In the up right corner of the screen, tap the menu button and choose Edit Name. Enter the new name and press Save.
What if I grow plants outside my apartment too?
In the app, you can separate your plants into two categories—Indoor and Outdoor. Choose one of the two when adding a new plant to your collection. What is even cooler, you can switch between categories if, for example, you bring your indoor plant outside in summer. Our Weather Tracker will inform you about the weather changes that could affect your garden plants.
What languages is Plantum available in? How do I switch between languages?
Plantum is available in 9 languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, and Chinese (traditional and simplified). You can switch between the languages in the settings of your device.
How do I search for specific plants?
If you know the common or scientific name of the plant you’re looking for, type it in the search bar. You can also use filters to find the plant that suits you best.
What is Explore? How do I use tags and bookmarks?
In Explore, you can learn everything you need to know about plant care. Check out our insightful articles, useful tips, concise infographics, compilations of popular plants, thematic videos, and surveys to get immersed into the vast world of plant care. Use tags to find the information that interests you the most and save it with bookmarks.
What is Water Calculator? How does it work?
Water Calculator helps you estimate the optimal amount of moisture and watering frequency for your plant. To start using it, go to the Watering section of your plant's profile and tap the Calculate button. Then you’ll need to fill in the following fields:
- Pot. Enter the height and width or use Pot Meter to calculate the volume. Alternatively, you can choose Volume and enter it manually.
- Temperature. Choose the temperature your plant is growing at.
- Humidity. Choose the relative humidity your plant is growing at.
Is my personal data safe with Plantum?
Your privacy is our priority. We don’t sell your private information to any third parties. If you want to stop using Plantum, you can delete your account along with the saved personal data. If you have any further questions, our Support is ready to help you 24/7.
What do I get with Premium?
With Plantum Premium, you get:
- Disease diagnostics
- Thorough care guides
- Limitless estimations via Water Calculator
- Detailed disease descriptions
- Infinite number of plants in My Plants
- Pot Meter
- Light Meter
- Weather Tracker notifications
- Unlimited plant search with Filters
Plantum for Educators and Students program
What is the Plantum for Educators and Students program?
This is a program meant for university students majoring in biology, medicine, and botany and their teachers who want to use cutting-edge technology in their studies. Participants will be able to use Plantum's top-notch features and an extensive database of plants, minerals, mushrooms, and insects without spending a cent.
More than just a plant identifier
Plantum is the perfect app for gardeners of all levels. Learn how to make your plants thrive with our thorough care guides, set up care reminders, diagnose plant diseases in one snap, consult with professional botanists, and expand your plant knowledge with regularly uploaded insights.